Thursday, November 11, 2010

Retro Nina

 [18 year-old Nina. Self portrait.]

The other day, I stumbled upon the blog I kept up from March 2003 to June 2005. In other words, from age 18-20. I spent some time reading it, and let me tell you: I was freakin ' HILARIOUS. And, at times, pretty deep. I was all sass, though, so not much has changed.

So now that I have this amazing trove of high-quality blog posts, I'm going to use it to my advantage. I want to republish some of my early adulthood (yes I know I'm still in it) musings here. Perhaps weekly? We'll see.

One thing I admire about 18-20 Nina is how disciplined she was in her blog posting (and getting almost straight A's in school at the same time!). She posted at least every couple days* which is something I'd like to do, though I'm lucky if I fit in a post every week.

So I'm going to try and post more often. If anything, it will make me a better writer and provide me with a creative outlet that I will soon be lacking at work (more than I have in...maybe ever).


*And most of those posts had things worth reading. Although I realize that's kind of odd to say because she is me, after all, but it almost doesn't feel like I wrote those posts.

No comments: