Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Retro Nina- 2003

 [from here.]

On this day in 2003, I posted the following to my blog:

It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and I'm already getting into the Christmas mood...yes, I am listening to Christmas songs.  Do you blame me?  Artists of all sorts of genres united in the mission to spread holiday cheer.  Isn't it wonderful?

Sure is. Almost all of my shopping is done and I'm counting down until we leave for California to celebrate.

What I have noticed since moving to the East Coast is that my love for Thanksgiving has dwindled. I used to get jealous for Thanksgiving when Christmas would push it out of focus even before it happened. Thanksgiving is the best. It's about family and home and warmth.

But I haven't spent Thanksgiving at home since 2002. And I haven't spent Thanksgiving with family (my family) since 2003.

Thanksgiving was the best. Now, it's a gateway holiday to Christmas. When I get to spend time with my family, at home, and feel the warmth.

Christmas is the best.

No comments: