Thursday, October 14, 2010

Product Review: Maybelline Ultimate Length Lash Stiletto Waterproof Mascara

 [Maybelline.com]

The worst thing about this mascara is its long-ass name.

Some background: Remember, a while back, I mentioned a bad haircut? Well I'm pretty sure that the lady didn't just trim the hair on top of my head, if you know what I mean. When I was applying mascara the day after I got my hair cut, I noticed that a few lashes on my right eyelid were MUCH shorter than the others, and they stopped short as if they had been cut in one snip. So I need some serious lengthening mascara (to make the little guys look longer, but also boost all the lashes together).

I asked Richie's cousin* what she wears because, in true dental hygienist fashion, her lashes are always SO LONG (seriously-- dental hygienists must have some sort of pact or secret about how to have the longest lashes ever because every single one I've ever had has had some mondo lashes). She said she recently jumped over to designer mascara, but recommended buying something at the drugstore that boasts lash lengthening because "they actually do work."

So, based on curiosity and price, I went for Maybelline Ultimate Length Lash Stiletto Waterproof Mascara.

Here's what Maybelline says on their website:

Why You'll Love It: The only mascara that does for lashes what stilettos do for legs.

  • The Grip & Extend brush grasps each lash and coats from every angle
  • Elastic formula stretches lashes for provocative length
  • Pro-Vitamin B-5 formula conditions and smoothes for black-patent shine
  • Contact lens safe and Ophthalmologist tested
  • Waterproof

Here's what I say:
  •  It works. I especially love when my lashes on the outside ends are extra long, and this stuff does exactly that.
  • The brush has thinner bristles, which makes it easier to apply. I don't get smudges on my eyelids quite as much as I used to.
  • The waterproof factor is there, but not as much as other brands I've used in the past.
  • Before switching over, I would shed some eyelashes whenever I removed my makeup. Maybe it's the Pro-Vitamin B-5 formula, because I don't shed as much anymore. My lashes feel much stronger. 
So all in all, I'm a believer! When it's time for a new tube in around December, I know I'll be tempted to buy another one, but I think I'll continue my search/experiment and try another lengthening one. Ooh, or maybe a volumizing one!!

Any suggestions??

*I guess she's my cousin now, too. Whoa.
 

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

For drugstore brands I like this one and Covergirl in the fat orange tube - the Covergirl is very reminiscent of the Dior mascara that everyone raves about (and that I love - especially in Chestnut)....

Nina B. said...

Yes! I am definitely trying one of the fat-tubed Covergirl jawns next.