Thursday, September 9, 2010

Smaller.

I think I'm losing weight.

I say this for three reasons:
1. Whenever I lose weight, I never feel like I'm actually losing weight. In fact, it always feels like I'm gaining weight (seriously-- in Costa Rica, while I thought I was plumping up on rice and beans-- and beer-- I was actually dropping two sizes). Which is how I've felt until I took the point I just made, plus the two points below into consideration.
2. People have commented that I look like I've lost weight.
3. My rings are too big! Even on the hot days. I always wear a ring on my right middle finger. Usually it's the same one, a big, clunky silver ring I bought in Taxco, Mexico. When that started feeling loose (it even flew off while dancing at a wedding), I switched to other rings I typically wear on my middle finger...but those are loose too! Lately I haven't been wearing a ring on my right hand at all, because the ones for my ring finger are still too small for my middle finger.

Anyway, losing weight isn't really the plan for me (but, like in Knocked Up, tightening up a bit is), so it's kind of funny to do it accidentally. I just hope that will still be the case when I'm in my 30s! (It probably won't be, so I'm savoring it now.)

No comments: