Thursday, September 16, 2010

He shot me down, bang bang

 [from hairthursday.com-- I did a search for hairstyles with bangs using the handy new tool]

So the last time I got my hair cut was at the verrry beginning of July. Since I'm growing it out, I probably could have waited longer to get another trim, but the thing is, the lady kind of effed it up. All of the ends were cut so bluntly, I couldn't straighten it without looking like the 6 year-old version of myself that cut my own hair with safety scissors out of boredom and curiosity.

Part of the reason I'm growing my hair out is that I really (REALLY) don't want to shell out the money for a haircut every 4-6 weeks. It adds up! So I was delighted to discover a mystery shopping opportunity at a local hair place where I would be compensated $5 on top of full cut reimbursement.

So I got my layers livened up, and on top of all that, asked for bangs. I took this photo of the lovely Zooey Deschanel, and my stylist delivered. The shape is right (longer on the sides), but the middle isn't quite short enough, so I'm forced to push them to the side. Hey, side bangs are nice too though! I might do a little trim myself (this time not with safety scissors)...just to see.

No comments: