Monday, August 16, 2010

Hi, I'm Nina, and I'm a Planaholic.

 [image from Martha, of course]

I was having a Save the Date dilemma. The kind where you want to be crafty and do things entirely on your own, but you also want them to look professional.

While I am pretty creative and crafty, sometimes getting professional quality from a DIY project just isn't in the cards. And I have to accept that. So now I have to make up my mind between a flawed product that I did myself (plus a sense of accomplishment) and a higher quality product with a price tag to match.

I spent some time browsing professional options and others' DIY projects, and think I have made up my mind. So start checking your mailboxes soon!

I imagine this dilemma will be a theme throughout wedding planning. Of course I want an amazing, Martha-worthy wedding full of perfect little handmade details, but I also need to accept the fact that I have a full-time job, hobbies outside of work and wedding planning, and friends to visit with.

If there were Wedding Planaholics Anonymous meetings, their motto would be: 'One project at a time.'

No comments: