So I'm not a fan of spending money on engagement photos, which is why we aren't.
...We're getting them for free!!!
After some (who am I kidding? LOTS of) research, I tracked down a recent photography grad from U Arts in Philadelphia regarding our wedding photos. She had already teamed up with two fellow grads to create their own business, but their portfolios were a little more artsy and a little less real people-y. So I asked if they'd be comfortable doing a free engagement session to seal the deal with us. It's a win-win. We get free photos, get to try on a photographer for size, and they get to beef up their portfolio, and, if they deliver, a client. Awesome.
So since Richie can only listen to my fashion-related rants so many times, I'm turning to this blog to mention that I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WEAR!!!
Money's tight right now (I get paid at the end of the month, and at my 15th of the month checkpoint I wasn't in good shape, so...), so I won't be buying anything new for the shoot.
What I want:
- A dress
- Light, airy (it's going to be 90 degrees!)
- Solid color (maybe neutral)
- Some kind of statement jewelry (that pops against the neutral, light, airy dress, yes?)
- Cute, comfortable shoes. I hurt my foot last weekend and am actually more comfortable in heels. So maybe a nice sturdy pair of wedges will fit the bill.
- My hat, maybe? I don't want to over-accessorize, but both Richie and I wear this hat and it makes for a nice photo prop.