Monday, May 3, 2010

Color me indecisive.

I can't seem to make up my mind regarding wedding colors.

It's not really that big a deal, but they've been my thought of the week, especially because Richie and I are picking out stationery soon....not that anyone (except maybe crafty Bobbie) would notice if the invitations matched the linens and the flowers.  But it really has me thinking...

At least I'm only torn between two options (and one sub-option):

OPTION #1
No colors at all!  Instead, plan to have flowers of all sorts of colors-- whatever's fresh-- adorn the tabletops, chuppah, my hands, Richie's lapel, etc.  It'll give it a fresh-picked, relaxed look.

Pros: No need to worry about the color scheme; cheap, because you only get what's in season, flower-wise; pretty!, no restrictions...
Cons: There would still be a restriction: no light, girly-colored flowers (like light pink, lavender-- the color not the plant--, etc.).  I would want BOLD, BRIGHT colors.  I'm sure I can make that clear to the florist, though.

OPTION #2
Bright red and bright teal (I don't know a better name for this color, but it's not quite teal.  It's one of those, "I know it when I see it" colors).

It's my favorite color combination, and like that it's a little unexpected.  Some examples:




OPTION #2.1
Bright teal and bright red (and maybe pink), orange, and yellow.


Pros: Not as strict, BOLD!,  BRIGHT!
Cons: Too much?

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Ooooh - ooooh! I like both - both are so very Nina!

I especially like option A and may be copying you if the time comes that I need to. Something about whatever is in season is very appealing!