Monday, March 15, 2010

What I'm Doing

Tiny ponytail...SUCCESS!  Today I actually blow-dried my hair (instead of letting it air dry for waves), and did a serious flip.  Too serious, really, so I MODified a bit, and ended up with a really 60's 'do.  Sorry, no pictures...this time!

When I got home, I pulled it back into a ponytail for the first time since summer, and dashed out to get some take-out soup (chicken tortilla!).  A few pieces fall out here and there, but it's always exciting to know I've made enough progress to be able to put it up.  I also gave my bangs a little trimmy-trim-trim.

Today was my last full office day, and my department surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers (daylilies, irises, spider mums, carnations, and a gerbera daisy or two), a really pretty card, and a little box of delicious chocolates!  Tonight I'm going to write up personal notes to each of my coworkers (the ones in my department and the ones I've hung out with, at least) and sneak them in their mailboxes when I'm back in the office for a bit on Wednesday.

And now for something a little new:

What I've Been Watching:
  • Mad Men, Season 1: I'm almost done with the season, and must say that I'm mostly entertained and intrigued.  Pretty much, the fashion initially gets my attention, and then the characters and story keep it.  And I can see why everyone loves Joan so much.  She is smokin' (get it?!).  And she makes me even prouder of my hourglass figure!

  • The Wire, Season 2: Richie and I just started season 2 this past rainy, rainy weekend.  So far so good, but Season 1 was decidedly amazing.
  • Project Runway, Season 7: Same old PR, but I still love it. 

What I've Been Listening To:
  • wxpn: Totally hooked-- I never listen to CDs or my ipod in the car anymore. 
  • Justin Townes Earle: Just saw him in concert a couple weekends ago.  Great, great sound.


What I've Been Reading:
  • Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins: I've been working on this one for far too long, considering how good it is.  There are some stretches that are harder to get through, but I'm really enjoying it and wish I had more chunks of time to read.




Oh, and one last thing to mention: I got an adorable little dress for free today!  A coworker of mine bought it and it was too big, so she offered it to another coworker.  She tried it on and it was too small.  Two other coworkers proceeded to try it on (no dice), and it finally got to me...I'm not sure what the logic was for the order of offers, but oh well, because it fit me perfectly!  SUCKAS.  Also, I was surprised to check the tag and find that it is Dear by Amanda Bynes.  Don't judge me.

No comments: