Tuesday, March 9, 2010

GLORIOUS

Today was, without a doubt, the most beautiful day of the year so far.  Yesterday was nice, but today was magnificent.

I work very short days on Tuesdays, so after teaching, I changed into jeans and sneaks, and took a walk up the hill to the next neighborhood over where I found a beautiful park with benches and (the best part) so many dogs!  I ended up sitting there watching the pooches play for about an hour.

I kept trying to remember if the beginning of spring was this satisfying last year, and you know, I don't think it was.  Probably because winter was so much milder last year.  I don't know.

Anyway, besides gushing about the weather, time to gush over the fact that I got a new job!!!  I start on the 25th and I am so, so excited.  It's a position that was made for me (and I mean that as in the figure of speech and, to some degree, literally), and I really can't wait to get started.  I'm also PSYCHED to be leaving my current place of employment because they have been playing games with me about my future there since September.  September!!!  Don't get me wrong-- there are a lot of things I really love about where I work and what I do.  But it's time to move on.

So move on I will!  And what better time than spring, when everything seems new and exciting again?

"It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"  ~Mark Twain (I always loved that quote.)

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I have spring fever.
A potentially terminal case...
It is making me reorganize the cave and my life and want to snuggle and canoodle outside.
It is also making me miss you!