I had a serious thrifting bug on Saturday, so I went to a place I visited maybe a month ago and liked. There, I found:
1. Hot, hot, hot Aldo boots that look like this but brown and without the strappy thing:
[photo from shoesandyourmom.blogspot.com]
2. A beautiful little hand painted creamer that I didn't need but was totally blown away by how gorgeous it was.
3. A kitschy vintage tin for my coffee (experimenting with coffee storage techniques).
4. A narrow wool tie. The kind that just stops flat and doesn't come to a point. I really liked the colors (gray and pinkish) and think it will be a rather versatile accessory.
5. A scarf (like the silk kind, not the keep-you-warm kind) made from two scarves of corresponding patterns that will also be quite versatile.
AND THEN, on Sunday, Richie and I went to the outlets with his parents, where I found:
1. A $15 springy/summery dress at Ann Taylor Loft
...and that's it.
BUT, before we left for the outlets, Richie's mom gave me two hand-me-downs:
1. A green sweater (that's decidedly not very "me" but it's nice and I can certainly channel Tim Gunn and make it work).
2. A brand new Coach bag. Also not very "me" given it's a purse that costs more than $30, but it's not very Coach-y and actually pretty cute!
Okay, this really isn't very interesting without pictures. My bad.