Friday, January 29, 2010

25!

Yesterday was my birthday!

It was a pretty good day. I liked my outfit, I worked at my most difficult school (it was CRAZY there), I picked up a (not so) long-lost package at the post office, and I had a nice dinner at Richie's parents' house.

The best part? When my family called in at 7:15 to sing Happy Birthday before I blew out the candles on my brownie. I was so impressed with their punctuality!!!

pictured: me and Matthew (well, he was on the phone that's sitting on the table)

Also, I have to share something about my mysterious package. A couple weeks ago, I was looking for my Anthropologie card so that I could get a birthday discount. While I was looking, I found two really old Abercrombie & Fitch gift certificates (probably from 1999-2002ish). They still had quite a bit of money on them (god bless California's expiration date laws!), and I pondered what to do with them, because I really can't stand that store (and rarely can fit into their merchandise).

Then, I was reading What I Wore, and Jessica had sketched a motorcycle jacket, inspired by a cotton one from A&F. I thought, 'eh, why not?' and checked out the jacked on their website. It was:
1) On crazy sale.
2) My size.
3) Actually kind of cute!

So I pulled out the gift cards, paid just a tiny bit extra of my own money, and voila!

An adorable--surprisingly well-made-- jacket to toughen up my girlier looks! (please pardon the tag on my scarf.)

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

GLORIOUS!

And adorable outfit....

I have got to get back into the swing of accessories and makeup.

Happy Birthday, my favorite!