Sunday, December 6, 2009

sniff.

I set a record!

For what? For health. Usually, I get sick about every two or three months. But the last time I was sick was while I was visiting home in July (after getting over the flu in June and a bad cold in April...). Well August, September, October, and November passed without much more than a sore throat here or there. Life was good. But then I woke up on Friday, December 4th, with a sore throat that was different from the ones I get from yelling at my students. This one was the beginning of a cold, and let me tell you, what a cold it has been! I went to bed early on Friday night (after Richie's mom cooked me a surprise tri-tip dinner!), but Saturday was much worse. I self-medicated with some pho, but I was just too exhausted. Richie and I watched two movies, and then I went to bed. At 5:30pm. And slept until 7:30am.

I'm feeling much better today (though not well). I stocked up on tissues, made a pot of wassail, and intend to lie around for the remainder of the night. Luckily, I already took tomorrow off because I was going to go upstate with Richie (he's doing some research up there), but will probably use it to rest even more.

Getting sick was such a typical end to a really rough week for me, but things will be looking up shortly. In fact, we leave for California in 11 days!!!

No comments: