Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Miss Me?

So much has happened since my last post! Things like...

***Moving***
I mentioned my landlord being a douche in my last post...so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise when I say that I ended up moving out of my apartment a week earlier than planned (I needed OUT!). But my lease at the new place hadn't started yet, so I ended up storing my stuff and staying at Richie's parents' house. Their generosity was so, so appreciated, and the bed I slept in was sooo comfortable!

But now I'm totally moved in to my new place, and I love, love, love it! All I have to do is put up two shelves (I might just put up one instead, since I have plenty of storage space--if you can believe it), get some bar stools for my counter, and maybe hang a few more pretty things that didn't make the Round One decoration cut.

***Music***
I was out of the live music scene for quite some time, mostly because I wasn't really seeking out new bands and when I did go to a show, it was usually Steve's cover band. But now I'm back and ready for concerts! In the last month, I saw The Weakerthans, Lucero, and the Revival Tour with Chuck Ragan and Tim Barry. All shows were fabulous (man, I love me some alt-country!), and I'm ready for more!

***Mane Maintenance***
I finally got that trim I was talking about, and I feel so much better about letting my hair grow. Also, I've been wearing it curly (or I guess wavy) a lot, and it looks so cute! Getting a trim every 4 months (as a opposed to 4 weeks) is a great way for me to save some dough. Which brings me to...

***Money***
I've finally come to terms with the fact that I cannot live comfortably/without credit card debt on my salary. The market is not one for me to find a better-paying full time job right now, but I can supplement my income with some part time work. Some side projects I have going on include: being a study participant at Penn (it adds up!); freelancing (not much is going on there, but it might pick up again soon); working for some photo favors company at parties (Richie's friend owns the company and they always need people for Saturdays, which I have free); re-opening my Etsy store (now that I'm moved and settled, I can start building inventory and making money again). Any other ideas?

So! This weekend, I'm heading to Boston (!!!!) for some serious R&R at a B&B as well as a Halloween party with my besties. It's going to be amazing.

ALSO: I know I haven't posted pictures of things (taken by me) in a long time, and the reason was that I didn't have any batteries. Now that I have some, the reason is because my computer is so close to death, that it can't handle importing pictures from my camera. When my financial situation starts to look up, I will buy a new computer. Ouch.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Yaaaay, blogging! Can't wait to see you this weekend!