Thursday, September 10, 2009

Apartment Hunter

Well, it's official: I'm moving.

It was one of those decisions where the thought just kept building and building, and then I finally just made up my mind to do it, said it out loud, and bam! The ball is rolling. The plan is to be out of my current digs in mid-to-late October (or by November 1st).

I think my roommate is a little peeved, but also understanding about why I need to live by myself/not with her. I was only supposed to be there temporarily anyway. But now she keeps complaining about all the things she has to do before having someone else move in (paint, fix the bathroom and kitchen, CLEAN, the list goes on and on). The thing is, though, that she promised me that all of those things would be done before I moved in. Now she's pissed that she actually has to do them because it's unlikely that her new roommate will be a friend that she's able to take advantage of. Me, bitter? Nah.

So I'm looking for affordable housing in cute neighborhoods. I'll likely end up with a studio, which is totally fine, because I don't have much stuff anyway. I know that I'm spoiled in my current location and would love to stay in the neighborhood, but have accepted the fact that in order to afford this new place, I'll probably have a bit of a commute to work.

I'm looking at a place in a great neighborhood tonight, and will continue the search on Saturday afternoon!

1 comment:

Chasseur d'appartement said...

What an interesting Blog. It was one of those decisions where the thought just kept building and building, and then I finally just made up my mind to do it, said it out loud, and bam! The ball is rolling. Please visit at- Chasseur d'appartement Looking for an apartment, Flat Search, apartment hunter, You realize prospecting tours of apartments and selection.