I'm having trouble concentrating on writing posts with any real direction, so I'm going to make some lists. Here goes...
Things I Did Recently That Were Tons of Fun:
1. Weekly, I go to my friend Sheila's for dinner. It's always such a good time, and the food is delicious. I take wine because I'm not much of a cook, and who doesn't love wine? Last week some friends I hadn't seen in a long time were there, too!
2. So I'm seeing this boooooy, and we've been having such a great time together. I'm enjoying half-day Fridays, so we met up for lunch and then went to the UPenn Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology and the Institute of Contemporary Art (both free!). After getting caught in some ridiculous rain, we had dinner, played a board game, and watched Flight of the Conchords. A righteous rainy day.
3. The weather on Saturday was GORGEOUS, so Sheila, her neighbor Esther, and I went to Ocean City, NJ for the day. Luckily, the three of us are all completely content napping on the beach for hours, so it was a perfect outing. We finished off the excursion with delicious Kohr Bros. custard and grilled hot dogs once back in the city.
4. On Sunday, that boy and I went to Princeton to explore, and when we got bored (as the town is small and a lot of shops were closed), we headed to Lambertville, NJ and New Hope, PA which were both really neat little country towns separated by a narrow spot on Delaware River. Once we got back to Philly, he made me dinner while I watched part of Wayne's World. Excellent.
Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1. My aforementioned health issues are slowly being taken care of. I had an appointment with a specialist on my lunch break today, and I'll be getting a CAT scan soon. Fingers crossed that this isn't serious.
2. My triumphant return to the gym! I told the doctor today that I stopped working out because of the whole mess, and she said I should be okay to go back. Tonight? Perhaps. Wednesday night? More likely.
3. I have a hearing tomorrow for a parking ticket I got months ago. It'll be nice to get it resolved.
4. Weekly dinner at Sheila's tomorrow!
5. I registered for an art class today! It's a basic drawing class that happens weekly this fall. The best part? It's free and by my house!
Annnnd I'll leave the lists at that.