Saturday, May 16, 2009

Packin' like a gangsta

Ohhhhh my goodness: packing is exhausting!!!

It seems like every time I feel like I'm done (before the day-of stuff like my dishes and toiletries), I notice something else I have to pack up. I actually just took a quick jaunt to the grocery store to pick up trash bags for all of my clothes and see if I could track down a milk crate for some fragile stuff. I couldn't, but I did find a box.

Then there's the stuff that I don't really use all that much, but feel like I should keep, like random wires and other computer stuff that I think is probably a good idea to hold onto. I really have no idea though.

So right now, my dining room is lined with boxes that are either ready to go or filling up little by little; my bedroom has packed suitcases: one for France, one for the week after I move (work clothes, mostly), and others with clothes I'm going to have to live without until I can unpack completely; my sunroom has boxes full of art, pillows, and blankets; and my car is full of bags ready to go to Goodwill. I'm waiting to pick up the rejects from the consignment store before I donate. Whew!

I want a pedicure.

No comments: