Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Got a map?

My game plan is working really well. I'm feeling refreshed and optimistic about the unexpected twist in my life.

First of all, I have an apartment lined up. Actually, it's a room (and a bathroom!) in a row home in the most amazing location (walking distance to work and, well, everything else). The down side is that it's not available until June, so I have to stick it out and be strong for the rest of April and May. My plan to get through navigating the choppy waters of being broken-up-but-living-together is basically to keep myself as busy and be out of the house as much as possible. That means WORK, after-work activities (hello happy hour!), weekend trips (rockin' some Boston), and long walks whenever possible (I've taken several of these and really enjoy them).

I've also been considering a relocation...perhaps back to Boston or to LA. The more I think about this one, though, the less I think that it's a good idea for professional and financial reasons. It's time to stay at a job for more than a year, and moving is expensive enough (even in the same city) to keep it at just once in a year. I have applied to some positions in the other cities, and if something comes of them, I will DEFINITELY consider, but I think I owe it to myself, my job, and Philly to stay for just one more year. Of course, that's where I am today; who knows how I'll feel tomorrow?

That's actually been the hardest part of all of this (so far): the mood swings. Sometimes I feel amazing, optimistic, liberated, relieved that I'm single and can do whatever I want. Other times I feel hopelessly lost and lacking any sort of idea of what direction I want to take.

This is awesome/sucks.

No comments: