Wednesday, February 18, 2009

reflective safety tape

I've been thinking lately-- for about a week now-- that there's something much bigger out there for me.  I mean, I love my job (I intend to keep it for at least another school year) and truly believe in the work I do, but I just can't help but thinking (well, knowing) that I should be working on, or towards, something more.

I've been checking out different graduate programs, which makes me feel hopeful and empowered (both fantastic feelings, to be sure), but I just can't seem to decide on an area of study that I'm willing to commit so much time and work to for however many years (and the plan would be many years, because I wouldn't want to get a Masters or higher only to go into an unrelated industry).

Maybe it's just that I'm still young and, even though I love and am good at my job, it's not something I see myself doing for the rest of my life, and there's no "end," whether it be a promotion or other professional goal, in sight right now.

Or maybe it's because it's winter and we're all getting a little crazy.


No comments: