Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rant and Rave

It's no secret that I have a weakness for all things wedding related, regardless of how soon or probable my own nuptials may be.  So I was watching the show "Whose Wedding is it Anyway?" yesterday, and just have to share something I saw on it that I thought was horrendous.  One of the brides featured was a very DIY bride.  She was a teacher, so it made a lot of sense, and she also did a great job at everything she made.  When the wedding planner asked her about who she was going to have do her hair and makeup.  When the bride said that she was going to do her own, the wedding planner gave her a really hard time about it.  Uhh...what?  A woman is capable of doing her own hair and makeup-- which means it's free and that it's done to her liking-- she can't because it's her wedding??  Augh.  I've heard several brides complain about their hair/makeup, so for those that can do it themselves, I say, go for it.

Alright, that's it for rants.  In other news...

Steve and I are going to Savannah!!!

I've wanted to visit Savannah since...forever-- since I knew that it existed and what it was like (reputation-wise, and all), and now I'm finally going!  Steve and I are taking time off while our students are on spring break in April, so the weather should be lovely.  I am just thrilled.

No comments: