Friday, February 27, 2009

frustrations, new friends, TILFT, and NKOTB

You'd think it was summer with the way Steve's schedule has been lately. Suddenly the guys (meaning his bandmates/bosses) want to start practicing during the week, which means the nights (or night, maybe) that were once available for us to go out to dinner or watch a movie are now nights when he's either playing for money or playing for practice. Plus, the band is based about an hour from home, which makes those nights even later for him. This week, we spent about an hour together on Tuesday at dance class and one hour together today to watch Lost.

It hasn't been all bad, though. I've been very disciplined about going to the gym and saying yes to social offers throughout the week. In fact, I started hanging out with a friend I made back in October but hadn't seen since, and its been really fun! We're going to the Drexel Art Auction next week, which I'm really excited about.

Which brings me to other TILFT:
-Getting a new roommate in this joint. I might not really be excited about this, but I'm trying to stay positive. I have notices all over: craigslist, facebook, myspace, even the newsletter at work, and have only gotten one bite so far. He's coming over this weekend to see the room. (What am I talking about? Gooch is moving out, we had another one of the guys' friends lined up, and he backed out. Rob is finally okay with turning to craigslist.)
-PROM! I've been working very hard on decorations and promotion, and I hope my hard work pays off.
-Sex Ed Lobby Day! I'm taking the day off from teaching to go to Harrisburg and lobby for state sexuality education standards. That's what I wrote my middler year paper on!
-SPRING BREAK, which = SAVANNAH. Oh dear god, yes.

In final news, I'm watching a 1994 movie starring Brad Pitt as an immature, starving artist. It's kind of cool to know what's ahead of him while he has no idea. There's also a New Kids On The Block reference.

No comments: