Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Etsy Betsy Spider

I'd like to start an Etsy store.  Actually, I've been wanting to do this for quite some time and have even started the process a few times, only to chicken out and/or realize that I don't have much inventory.

See, I don't make anything (though it'd be awesome if I could change that and make jewelry, art, or accessories), and when I buy vintage and funky thrift store items, I buy them because I want them.  I suppose I could start buying things that I like but don't want...but that's so difficult to do because if I like something, chances are I'm going to find a place for it in my home or jewelry collection.  And I'm not going to buy things that I don't like, because, well, that's just not how I was taught to do things.

Maybe I should start downsizing.  I have more necklaces, rings, bracelets, and earrings than days of the month--more than February, even!-- each, but I can't seem to part with any of them because each one is so unique/has special memories attached/looks great with a certain outfit/etc.  Perhaps I should become like that heartless woman Kanye keeps talking about and round up the hardly-worn pieces.

Would the pleasure I get from running a low-risk business be greater than the pain of parting with amazing vintage finds?  Maybe...I do have that entrepreneurial spirit itching to get out, and I'd hate to deny it its freedom.

No comments: