Monday, January 12, 2009

Boston Optimism

My weekend in Boston was fantastic (thanks, Bobbie!). You, dear reader, may not have known about it because it was a bit of a spur-of-the-moment decision to go and I was unable to put it in an edition of TILFT. But I did look forward to it immensely, and it was awesome. Poor Bobbie was quite sick, though, and I had to head out a bit earlier than anticipated, but it worked out because Boston got 3-6" of snow (definitely closer to 6) and I was nervous about the drive. It was also nice to have some time to relax at home instead of heading straight up to bed when I returned.

Some highlights:

Girltalk! This time actual girltalk, and not the DJ.

Delicious tea! I tried a tea I had never had before, and completely fell in love. It's Republic of Tea's Good Hope Vanilla Red Tea. To borrow a pun from Bobbie, it's "tea-riffic." Har har har.

Amazing shopping! Downtown Crossing was like a ghost town, which was good for me, since I hate crowds, especially when shopping. I went straight into a dressing room at H&M! And I got some amazing deals there and at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.  Purchases: a pair of slingback, peep-toe espadrilles for summer; a purple shirt; an argyle v-neck sweater (flattering this time!); two pairs of tights; an ADORABLE, 50's cut, purple dress; and a sassy, all-fringe blue dress.

Chick flick! We saw Bride Wars. It was better than expected and as awful as it needed it to be.

Two words: Cartier, Prada. Ridiculous.

And, finally, "What's up with this guy?" face.


Now for a brand new TILFT:

+ Tonight: Finishing up the choreography of my tap dance for my company's annual talent show. Yeah, I said it.

+ Tomorrow: Dance class tomorrow night. I love West Coast Swing, and Steve's really starting to get the hang of it.

+ Thursday: Performing my dance at my company's talent show.  Annnnd, potentially winning a cash prize.

+ Friday-Sunday or Monday: Going to Long Island to visit family (and their new Sugar Glider?!)

+ Monday: Thank you Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for all of the amazing things you did!  (And for giving me and public schools the day off.)

+ January 27th: Out to dinner for Philadelphia Restaurant Week!

+ January 28th: My 24th! Maybe I should dye my gray hairs in honor of my birthday.  Nah, I kind of like them.


1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I love you.
I am so glad you have such a good memory.
I hope the "What's up with this guy?" face and hand gesture stays with us for many, many years to come.