Sunday, November 9, 2008

good tiiiiimes

Okay, I was missing for a while. This past week, I had at least one additional commitment (besides work)every day...which used to be par for the course, but nowadays is crazy, so I was a little frazzled. That is until I got food poisoning and was out of commission for about 30 hours. I'm fine now, thanks.

So things that happened during my crazy week:
+ The Obama/Biden ticket won the election!!! Thank-freakin-goodness. I like that the t-shirts and button floating around have changed from "Yes We Can" to "Yes We Did." I like the 'tude.
+ Some NJ friends tied the knot. The ceremony was long and Catholic (synonymous in terms of wedding ceremonies, I know), and the reception was lavish and amazing.
+ My good friend from home tied the knot too!* I was unable to attend, but we chatted the night before, and I'm excited to be debriefed tonight when I call my mom.
+ My place of employment had its annual fundraiser at a swanky art gallery. I volunteered, schmoozed, and even won a silent auction item! It was $50 in tattoo services from a specific artist. So ginkgo leaf, here I come!
+ Steve and I FINALLY went to the Mutter Museum today. It was really cool, and I highly recommended it for the strong-stomached and lovers of morbidity.

And now, for TILFT:
1. Dance class on Tuesday! Steve and I take ballroom with some other friends, and of course I love it.
2. BOSTON!!! This weekend, baby! Which means a GirlTalk show, actual girl talk with Hob Bobblin, and lots of catch-up (NOT ketchup) and drinky-poos with the gang.
3. Thanksgiving. Yum.
4. ..and general holidayness. Peppermint mochas, baked goods, tunes, presents, my sparkly neon green tree, and a trip home!!!

*Concluding the 7 weddings of 2008. Whew!

No comments: