Friday, October 24, 2008

Walking Target Ad

Yes, I fell off the face of the planet. But I'm back! Not like I was getting any comments anyway...

After leaving a longish comment on Bobbie's blog about two items I purchased at Target yesterday, I thought I'd share with everyone else...which is, presumably, Bobbie again.

Anyway, I bought these boots:


But I haven't removed the tags yet for this reason: While the fit is perfect, there is absolutely NO ROOM for pants to be tucked inside the (heh) shaft. So I've been flirting with these (on eBay):

They flare! For the exact purpose of tucking pants into them! Nothing wrong with having two pairs of low/flat boots though...(well, three, counting the brown ones I already own and happen to be wearing right now)

Anyway, I had been wandering the aisles of Target, picking out sooo many different things to try on, like corduroy skirts and this adorable shawl collar pullover...

...but then I got a phone call from my good friend Cliff. Since we hadn't talked in so long and there was a lot to share (like his engagement!), I never made it into the dressing room. I ended up putting everything back on their respective racks and heading to the checkout line, when I spotted this cardigan:

I grabbed it and bought it, but now I'm having second thoughts. I mean look at it on the model-- not super flattering, is it? And is argyle a little too trendy right now? I mean, it's EVERYWHERE!!! I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to go back to Target and exchange the cardigan for other cool-weather options that might have more staying power (like the pullover, but it might be too casual for me now, if you can believe it). Bobbie, help me!!!

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

First of all, I do miss your blog posts.

Secondly, I am so glad you bought those boots. I adore them. You should've seen me hoping and praying and tugging and tossing. Quite a display of various emotions... and some pretty serious sweating... and I think I was sitting on the floor. The second pair... also very sexy but they are awfully close to one another look-wise. I would probably pick one (well... maybe not... but that's what I'd tell myself).

And I, overall, am not a huge fan of argyle on anything other than socks... and the occasional men's sweater. That being said, I love these two uses and would have to see the cardigan on but... if you are having second thoughts I think go with your gut.

Wish you were here and that we could go shopping. I need a shopping buddy. :(