Monday, October 6, 2008

Debbie Downer

Oops. That flea market I listed as #1 in TILFT is actually on Sunday the 12th...not yesterday. My bad.

Instead, I went to Filene's Basement to return a sweater dress that I bought in a size too big for me but had to have because it was soooo cute. Well, things aren't so cute when they're too big. I don't need Stacey and Clinton to know that. I put the money I got back towards a bottle of Clinique Happy. I've always loved the scent and had sampled it from time to time, but never invested in a large amount. So now that I've run out of Ralph (which I admittedly feel a little guilty for leaving), I thought I'd give it a try.

The weather here has been so crisp and wonderful lately. It still gets warm enough for a t-shirt in the afternoons, but the mornings are jacket-worthy, and the evenings are throw-worthy. But because the weather is so nice, I feel extra bored and extra lame if I'm not doing anything. For example, Saturday night: I didn't have any plans, so I lied on my bed staring at the ceiling. Really. It seemed as though all of my friends were either out of town or I had seen them too recently to give them a call to hang out. My roomies had usurped both TV and internet access, and I wasn't really feeling my book. So instead of making something to do at 8:30pm on a Saturday night by myself, I stared at my ceiling. And I felt extra bad about it because it was my favorite kind of night, weather wise.

It's strange-- maybe I have a weird version of Seasonal Affective Disorder(appropriately, SAD), but instead of becoming depressed because the weather is turning colder, I get depressed because I'm not doing the joyous things I've married to colder weather like taking a walk and window shopping with a Pumpkin Spice Latte in hand, going apple picking or perfect pumpkin scavenging, taking drives to places I think might be pretty and getting lost, and generally enjoying time outside more because it's neither too hot nor too cold now.

Here's to hoping it will pass before the season does.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

GAH! I did that on SUNDAY NIGHT. We need to be in the same city.... especially now!