Friday, September 19, 2008

I Can't Believe It's Not Saturday

This week has been crawling along. Maybe it's because I have my teaching schedule and am just waiting for it to start, sitting at my desk reading the news and searching for fun ice breakers in the meantime.

On a more positive note, though, the weather outside is delightful! Yesterday hit about 70 degrees, without dropping much lower in the morning and evening. When I stepped out for lunch, I could have sworn I was in San Diego. It was 55 when I left my house this morning in a 3/4 length sleeve oxford, wide leg pants, funky wedges, and a vintage scarf (as in lightweight decorative scarf-- not thick keep-warm scarf) around my neck. We're apparently not even reaching 70 today.

I absolutely love the transition from summer to fall, and I love fall even more. The problem with the change is determining what to wear. I was almost late for the train today because I was trying to figure it all out. I see people in sweaters and jackets, but I also see people in skirts and t-shirts. Part of the beauty of this weather is that you can wear almost anything and be comfortable, but then there's also a very good chance that you're going to end up either too hot or too cold. I'm sure that if I opened a fashion magazine right now, it'd feature the "bold new concept of layering" on almost every page. But layering requires many different pieces, which can only mean one thing: I need to go shopping.

So, my quest for the weekend is to find a few fabulous pieces that will guide me through the transition into fall, and stick with me through the transition into spring. Any must-haves I may not be aware of?

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I also need to go shopping... for the very same reasons. No clothing in my closet is particularly appropriate for the current weather. *Sigh*

I vote lightweight jacket.