Sunday, August 24, 2008

week recap in reverse

Hoooo boy! I have been BUSY!

Before working a 13-hour day today (in the sun) and sitting through completely stopped traffic for a good 40 minutes (I parked and turned my car off on an inescapable on-ramp to a freeway), I worked a slightly shorter day, also in the sun on Saturday.

On Friday, I spent the day thriftin, and found some amazing things, including a bedspread (I think) of the most vibrant colors, I love it. I'm actually planning to use it as a party tablecloth instead though (don't worry, I washed the heck out of it). I also found a GREAT vintage winter coat with adorable detailing and faux fur for $6! Annnd some other cool stuff, like a ceramic baked potato (presumably for sour cream) that shattered into a million little pieces when I dropped it on the floor upon returning home. That evening, I went to Steve's gig and partied the night away with band members' spouses and friends.

On Thursday, Steve and I woke up at our friend Danielle's place at the beach, had some cereal, and headed home. I think I vegged out for the rest of the day.

Wednesday was awesome because Steve and I got up early and headed to North Jersey to hit up Six Flags. We went on a bunch of different coasters, and I gotta say, it was a Great Adventure (it's full name is Six Flags Great Adventure, for those of you that didn't realize I was making a bad joke). Then we went to the shore for the Long Beach Idol finals (a live karaoke competition), which was awesome, and then crashed at said friend Danielle's place that night.

On Tuesday, I went to work and resigned from my position. (Here's the story of me giving my notice, to which I alluded in my last post) I was being nice by giving just two days less than two weeks' notice, because two weeks would have brought me to September 2, and I didn't think it was fair to take the paid holiday of the first (and I'm scheduled to work the Saturday before). My boss tried to convince me that I was required to give FOUR WEEKS' NOTICE and eventually ordered my last day to be September 2nd, giving the full two weeks. I think she thinks she won, but really I won because I get paid for 2 extra days instead of just one. Anyway, I start my new job after one day of resetting myself, on September 4th.

I am officially having my Liberation and Libations party on Labor Day. Any food/drink/decor/fun suggestions?

No comments: