Monday, August 4, 2008

Snoozefest

My, my, what an uneventful weekend had I! And it was quite nice that way, actually. On Friday, a couple friends were going to come over but didn't because they didn't get enough done in preparation for their weekend trip to Connecticut. Oh well. I stayed home and read and went to bed early because I had to work the next day.

'Tis the season for working on Saturdays.

After work on Saturday, Steve and I went to the mall to get him new shoes (yes!!! I won't even go into detail about how badly he needed them...just know that I am a very happy girl). We then went to get sushi. This place was very organically decorated and the sushi was quite good, but the service in the restaurant made us feel like we were in the Twilight Zone-- and I don't think it was all language issues, though that had a lot to do with it too, I'm sure. Anyway, because of the weirdness of everything, our meal was double what it should have been (in size and, unfortunately, price) and we won't be going out to eat again for a while.

Saturday night, I cleaned the house with Harold and Kumar (and Neil Patrick Harris) in the background. After showering the cleaning products away, I watched Only You (1994 with Marisa Tomei and Robert Downer, Jr.), which was pretty great. I didn't know Billy Zane was funny!

On Sunday, I finally got my car's oil changed (with a free tire rotation!) at Pep Boys because let me tell you something: do NOT get regular service done at your dealership! It would have been at least 4 TIMES more expensive. Ridiculous.

ANYWAY (I do realize that this post is extremely boring. And if it's this boring for me, I can imagine how boring it is for you. My apologies.), this week should be good because I'm working today, tomorrow, and most of Wednesday (leaving early for my secret thing), and then Thursday morning, Steve and I are off to North Carolina for my family reunion! I'm driving there and he's driving back. Eek! It'll be the farthest I've driven all at once!

UPDATE: This week is going to be ridiculously long, despite it being short, because fun coworkers are out during the days I'm in, and I'm getting increasingly impatient to leave for NC!

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

But you did know he was a cool dude and that you should listen to him... that Billy Zane.

I like to read about your life even when there isn't a lot going on... obvi... it makes me feel closer to my facebook girlfriend.