Thursday, May 29, 2008

Neil Topaz?

Alright. So. The deal at work is that basically all of our Educator positions are being dissolved/turned into other positions and I have to choose which new one I want. I'm tired and still don't have all of the information I want about each of the positions to make an informed decision, so that's all I'm going to say about that for now. I'll be sure to keep my readership (Bobbie) in the loop.

I've been trying all week to get to the gym, but I've had a cold since Monday and just can't bring myself to do it. Today would be perfect, but it feels like the worst day of the cold. I'm stretching and doing crunches at home though, so that's good.

Since Steve and (well, maybe just) I have been talking marriage, I've been scoping out rings. I've determined that my taste and our meager salaries are incongruous, so a diamond may not be possible. I'm thinking white topaz or white sapphire, or something else altogether. Here are my favorites so far:

White Topaz Solitaire

White Sapphire Stackables (there's an Aquamarine in there too)

Smoky Topaz

Hessonite Garnet with Diamonds (this is the most expensive one)

Another White Topaz


All of them are handmade by Etsy sellers, which I think is really great, but I'm also open to going antiquing for something vintage and fabulous. Steve said that he 1) would want me to pick out his band for him and 2) is nervous to pick something out for me because I clearly know what I want. And while it's nice to get what you want...isn't it supposed to be a joint activity?? Anyway, I like these for him...I guess..since he doesn't own a PIECE of jewelry and hence has no style preferences:
Hammered Oxidized Sterling

Sterling (this one is by the same artist that did the first White Topaz up there)

Dirty Titanium


I know I should probably just chill out on this subject for a while, but I'm bonkers for bling!!!

1 comment:

curiously carolyn said...

Dude you can get yourself a nice ring just because you're awesome, you don't really need a reason!

Also, I can't believe I've been missing out on Thorton's all this time either!