Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I need a vacation

Memorial Day Weekend was one crazy clump of days. Let's review, starting with Thursday (because, let's face it-- it counts as the weekend).

Thursday: Worked from 8:30 to 4. I left early to attend the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner of the lovely couple I did Day-Of Coordination for on Sunday. Dinner was delicious and quite a fun event.

Friday: Worked from 1:15 to 7:45 and went directly to the bachelorette party after teaching at the detention center. It was a 3-part party with an exotic dance class, dinner, and a sex toy party. I missed the dance class for work, but dinner was great and the party was also awesome.

Saturday: I spent my day lounging and running a couple errands. I also set up my new hammock stand only to discover that it is 6 feet too long (6 feet too long!). Now I have a project for this weekend coming up. I redeemed my Marshall's gift certificate for a cute pair of work-appropriate sandals (the new CEO is very strict with the dress code), and that evening I went to the bride's house for smores and girl talk.

Sunday: I was at the bride's house again at 11am to keep time and crack that whip (and do lots of other things). We made it to the venue by 2:30 for a 3:00 ceremony, and everything went really well. It was a gorgeous wedding and a great time all around.

After the reception, I drove to the Jersey shore to meet up with Steve, who was playing there. We wanted to hit the beach the next day, so we stayed there...um, in his car. It's kind of neat to be able to say that we did, but I don't think that I'll ever do it again. It was cold and uncomfortable.

Monday: We got breakfast, lounged on the beach, and played mini golf. We ate delicious food at a friend's BBQ on the way back, and I crashed nice and early, exhausted from the wedding, my car nap, the sun, and the drive.

Tomorrow I discover what the hizzle is going on with my department at work, but tonight I relax.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

YIKES! So busy! I bet you were a big help...

P.S. OOOOOOOH BEACH... let's go to the beach one weekend... hmmm?