Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bathing Suits and Wet Bars

Marshalls results: I got the discount off the bottoms (not as much as I thought it would be), and an additional 10% off, as discussed. I won't be going back for as long as I can stay away (which, let's face it: may not be very long, dammit).

Dan is in the process of moving out (very sloooowly). He had a furniture store worth of stuff in the garage, and I had mentioned that I really liked his wet bar when he moved in. So he sold it to me for a cool $50! It's antique, and those babies go for at least $100 on craigslist. It's missing a knob, but Steve didn't even notice (not that that's saying much), and I might just find fun replacements for all of them anyway. Trip to Anthropologie, anyone?

Getting new furniture is one of my favorite things in the world, especially because most of my current furniture came with the house. Eventually (soon, I hope), Steve and I will move into our own place and need furniture that's actually ours. So even though there's not a lot of room left in the house, I think gradually buying pieces is the best way to go (and we do have a garage). A move is so expensive, you don't want to have to think about the furnishing the place too. Then again, it's hard to buy pieces when you don't know what kind of space you'll be living in. Sigh. How did I become so attracted to furniture??

No comments: