I missed you.
Things were hectic. They still are hectic. That being said, a Cliff-/Spark-notes style update:
1) I got a raise! Since it's minuscule, I am going to live like I didn't get one, and at the end of the fiscal year, give myself a "bonus," which means take the yearly extra and do whatever I want with it (which, let's face it, will probably be putting most of it right back into savings).
2) Perhaps mentioned earlier, my department was moved to the office building next door to the main administrative building. We've been quarantined. Luckily, we've all been too busy to get on each others' nerves (too much).
3) Since it seems like no part-time job works for me, I'm giving my own business a shot as a Mary Kay Consultant. I'll hook you guys up with my website once my inventory arrives.
4) Dan (the new roomie) and I don't get along. Mainly because he keeps trying to weasel out of paying for things. There are two long stories to accompany this point. The good news: HE'S MOVING OUT!!! He'll be gone by mid-May, and if we can't find anyone we know and trust to take his room, he's going to keep paying rent because he signed the lease and it's his responsibility. (We're not actively looking for anyone to take his place.)
5) Shopping with Bobbie was AMAZING. The list of things I got:
-A pair of blueish teal Steve Madden heels at Nordstrom Rack
-Gray plaid slacks and a white, short-sleeved Oxford from Gap
-An appropriately ruffly black top from Ann Taylor
-4 shirts from H&M
-3 dresses from TJ Maxx (one at each end of the dressy spectrum, and one in the middle)
-A breakfast sandwich and two coffees from Starbucks
-A burger and lemonade from Red Robin
-An amazing gold bathing suit from Old Navy. Just kidding! But I may get it later...
Did I miss anything, Bobbie? Perhaps I will post pictures later. I'm exhausted. Goodnight.