Saturday, March 29, 2008

Twisted Panties

Today is the second sunny Philadelphia day in a row! That must mean good things.

I came home sick from work on Thursday with a burning throat and a fuzzy head. Nothing was better on Friday, so I stayed home yesterday, too. (I'd like to add here just how out of character it is for me to miss work because of health reasons. I think what's making me change my trooper/masochist-like ways is the fact that the entire admin floor is so small, I know that I'm not just hurting myself by trying to stick it out.) I ventured out to the grocery store yesterday, since on Friday afternoons you pretty much have it all to yourself, but by the time I got back, I felt like I had tried to run a mile for the first time in a year. Now it's Saturday and my throat is worse, but my head is better. We'll see what I can convince myself to do today (something's telling me "shopping").

I hadn't seen Steve for more than a couple minutes since Sunday, so we went for a nice little walk before he had to drive off again yesterday. He had an audition for a pretty darn successful band (that plays mostly in Atlantic City and also has originals on Sirius) on Thursday, and told me about how well it went. I'm really happy for him and hope he gets the job, but have been feeling really homesick lately, with my sights on new digs and a new job in California. DON'T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A TWIST, MOM!-- these are semi-distant plans, but plans of mine nonetheless. Another option would be to go back to Boston (Bobbie, same to you), since both of those places seem so much more like home than this one. But I need to accept that I've only lived here for 7 months and that the people I've met are pretty awesome.

Except for my two roommates, Steve's friends Dan and Rob, that is. From having to be Rob's mom to dodging Dan's diva attacks, this is one situation I really can't wait to be out of. I just want it to be me and Steve in an adorable little (or big, really) apartment in a city where we can walk to the grocery store (not that we would, since having a car on grocery day is one of the most glorious things in the world).

Well, the good things:
~ I have two vases full of fresh flowers, mixes with daffodils and some blossomy branches from my yard and alstroemerias from the grocery store.
~ Bobbie and I are going shopping on April 12th, and my budget for that day is looking better and better.
~ Warmer weather is on its way.
~ Steve got his hair cut and also let me pick out a couple new shirts for him = he looks fabulous. Now I just need to find a replacement for that horrific hoodie he's so attached to.
~ It's Saturday!

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

TOO LATE - PANTIES TWISTED... :)