Thursday, March 13, 2008

More Cowbell!

I have spring fever.

The sun's been out more often than not, so I wear my shades all the time and have been online shopping for another pair (because everybody needs options), my feet are actually sweating in my trouser socks and patent leather, kitten heel Mary Janes, and if my tank top was appropriate for work, I'd even take off my lightweight cashmere cardigan. Temps are supposed to reach 60 tomorrow, but will eventually give way to more rain in the evening and for the rest of the weekend. I guess March drizzles bring April sizzles. Don't ask me what that means.

Along with this fever, I've determined that I'm done being unsatisfied with communicative processes at work, the disproportionate amount of duties I'm given by my boss (in comparison to my colleagues), and my modest salary. The truth is that I love my job, the position I had wanted since June 1999, and I'm going to act like it. I used to have a sweatshirt that said "Attitude is everything" (I was sixth grade, okay?) and I'm beginning to realize just how true it is.

I smell change, and it smells like cornbread.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Mmmmm cornbread. I could really go for some of that right now. Suddenly, I'm very hungry.

It is very warm here as well. I ended up in sandals for the latter part of the day. Thank goodness warmer weather approaches.

Here comes the weekend! I bet you are so ready.

And I haven't heard for 100% sure about the apartment yet, but I am remaining cautiously optimistic. :)

Madmom said...

Cornbread? What does that mean? That the future smells yummy? I am so glad you decided to continue loving your job, that is one of the important things in life.