Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday, Glorious Monday

Today my friend Sara took me to thrift stores all over Philly (well, I drove, but she knew where we were going), and I've gotta say: today was my day.

I had a small shopping list in my head of things that I'd like to find, but was willing to take whatever caught my eye. The list consisted of:
+ A fruit bowl
+ A flour container (perhaps a set for sugar, coffee, and tea too)
+ A coin purse
+ Sperry Topsiders (don't laugh)

After 9 hours of shopping (breaking for an absolutely DELICIOUS lunch, of course), I came home with:
+ 2 mixing bowls, one being assigned the duty of holding fruit
+ A flour container (labeled "Peanuts," which is why I had to have it)
+ Docksiders, Topsider knockoffs
+ 2 skirts-- one paisley, one polka-dotted
+ A fedora (with feathers)
+ 2 adorable teacups
+ A freakin' awesome framed print
+ A much-needed skillet (it's teal!)
+ A humongous Yves Saint Laurent scarf. Yes, I said Yves Saint Laurent.
+ The Dr. Ruth Game of Good Sex (aaahhhh!!!)
**pictures furnished upon request (or personal boredom)**

My total? Less than $50. Less than $60 with lunch.

Best day off ever.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I am soooooooooooo jealous. And obviously need pictures. You've kind of inspired me to go thrifting.... aaaaafter I swing by the outlets.