Thursday, March 20, 2008

Library PRIDE

Having just finished a book, I felt the urge to rearrange my bookshelf when I put it back. Right now I'm working with just one bookshelf, with two wide shelves, each of them two books deep, plus some piled on the top of the unit and crammed up above the short books. I have another bookshelf (a glorious tall one), but it was put in the garage without my knowledge when Dan moved in and now it's stuck there, crying for liberation and purpose.

I hopped on the good old interweb to see if there were any tips on organizing one's personal library. I got all of the expected "tips," like, "If you read it and didn't like it, throw it out!" Oh my god, that's brilliant! But I also found this picture of someone's books organized by color. As inconvenient as it might be, it's beautiful enough to inspire me to do the same.



Two problems:
1. I don't have that many books.
2. I don't have a library in my house like the one in Beauty and the Beast.

But it's nice to have a goal!

And since I'm coveting...



Teehee. Just had to throw that adorable, perfect pooch in there.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I have been thinking about how to deal with my books, too! Geez Nee-Nees... total mind meld. I came across a similar photo of by color books and lurve it. My books aren't great colors like those, though. Apparently you can now buy books at The Strand just for decoration... hmm... I'm a little against it but hey, maybe if I ever live somewhere with the built in bookcases of my dreams.

And puppy... dawwww....