Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Help me, Tim Gunn!

I'm going through another financial freakout right now. I was just in Target and managed to put the $24 worth of merchandise back on the racks, and now that I'm going through this, I am SO happy I did. For $24!!! This is horrible.

So here's what I'm going to do. And I have to accept that this might take some time.

[] I will eat only the food I buy from the grocery store.
[] I will make delicious, healthy meals and take them to work every day. (I take my lunch to work now, but I'm sure I can do it better.)
[] I will eat all of my vegetables before they go bad.
[] I will not partake of Steve's trips to the corner pizza place. I will make something for myself.
[] I will not buy a cup of coffee that costs more than $2.00, and not more than once a week.

That covers a lot of the food stuff. In other places to cut back on spending...
[] I will drive as little as I possibly can.
[] I will take less trips to Goodwill.
[] I will not turn on the heat unless I absolutely have to.
[] I will stop browsing my favorite online stores out of boredom.

Now the question is what I'm going to do to bring in some more money, because when I look at my expenses, most of them are absolutely necessary and my problem actually has nothing to do with spending.

[] Work on Saturdays as a counselor at work (on the Saturdays I'm not already working as an educator)
[] Sell on ebay (in the works)
[] Keep options open

I just REALLY don't want to resort to a ramen and water diet.

PS to Bobbie: this freakout and the above reforms will in no way affect our trip on April 12th. I'll make it work.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

A) The titles of your entries are always so clever.

B) Nannying/babysitting is quick money... cash in hand, instant grat... and easy enough depending on the children involved

C) If the shopping trip becomes a problem do let me know... though I am totally excited.

Bobbie said...

The third one totally reminds me of you! The color and the neckline... in fact, Im going to give it a shot but if it doesn't work out maybe I'll bring it to our shopping trip and you can try it on. (I think I might've gotten a size too small... : / Hmmm... we'll see.) Hey... did you ever try on that H&M dress? The red one? Just curious. :)