Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring!

With the start of the new season (but you couldn't tell if you walked outside), I am having some serious wardrobe concerns. I'm not very bummed about the fact that I've pretty much exhausted my winter wardrobe and have resorted to a schedule of outfits, taking few risks, and accessorizing minimally because winter's almost over and I need to save my energy for warmer-weather experimentation. What does concern me is the lack of pieces I have to work with. Okay, not lack of pieces. Lack of quality pieces. This is my problem.

Just today, I stood in front my earring collection, looking for something...else. I've played dress-up in adorable skirts with the shirts that I wear to the gym, because I have nothing else. I'm constantly looking for that perfect pair of work-appropriate sandals. It's weird, because this will be my first spring and summer in a job that has a dress code. I need to step up my game.

I need accessories. I need statement pieces. I need shirts without holes, ones that haven't been stretched out or wounded in the laundry. I need to dress like the fresh, sassy, put-together woman that I am.

I need money.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

AGHHHHHH I was just having these same thoughts today.

If we ever get enough money/decide to say screw it... maybe we could meet one day at the Potomoc (Potomac?) Mills outlets... They are close-ish to DC... a few hours away from me (and probably 3? from you)... so I get the better end of the bargain but maybe b/c of that I could spring for lunch.

It would be worth it to spend the day shopping with my fav. :)

Bobbie said...

Seriously... maybe one Saturday? (Before June, I'm moving then :)

Just let me know and we can totally work it out. HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE?!