Monday, March 24, 2008

Donations Welcome

Every Monday, the John DeBella radio show features an interview with one of the editors at Maxim Magazine. Although DeBella is a real horndog and can totally get on my nerves when the topic turns to sexy ladies, sometimes these segments actually feature some really interesting information.

Today they were talking about the richest man in the world, Carlos Slim of Mexico, and translating his fortune into terms the average person (with a yearly salary of $37,000) can comprehend, and boy, was I floored.

First of all, my money woes would be much, much smaller if I had average-person-income. But anyway, here's what they said:

$ If the average person bought a Big Mac, Slim could buy a fully-loaded Bentley for the same percentage of income.
$ If the average person bought a a MacBook (for $1100), Slim could buy a high-rise hotel in Knoxville, TN.
$ 2008 Ford Focus (about 14K); the entire National Hockey League.

I wanted to throw up.

No comments: