Friday, February 1, 2008

TGiF

Soooo, my birthday was on Monday, holla! Yep, the big 2-3. It was a good one, though really odd because it wasn't like any other birthday, probably because I spent it with people I had never celebrated my birthday with before (except for Steve, of course).

On Sunday night we went to Swanky Bubbles, an asian-fusion restaurant + champagne bar. It was AWESOME. I plan on going back sometime I feel like splurging, since people won't be paying for me unless it's a year from now and I'm celebrating my 24th.

I worked on Monday, and my darling parents sent me an Edible Arrangment (which was delicious and gorgeous), and Diana took me out to lunch (also delicious). Oh, I also got brownies at work, which was great since I don't eat cake.

I got tons of phone calls, emails, and text/myspace/facebook messages, so I certainly felt loved. As with every birthday, though, there were certain people whose expected well-wishes were absent. Maybe they have good excuses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

No news on a part-time job, but I think I've changed my mind about what kind of job I want. Instead of working every night and over the weekends, I'm going to try to find a bartending job where I can take only a few shifts a week. Friday and Saturday nights would be ideal. There are tons of bars both near work and home, so we'll see what I come up with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a dreary, dreary day here and I just wish I was home reading (currently Sedaris' Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim) or watching Six Feet Under. It's been a long week, from recurring headaches, to a painful all-staff training, to a horrible presentation; thank goodness it's Friday.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

They are satisfying, aren't they!

Sorry you have been so busy! Hope you are taking some Nina-relaxation-time...

I have been in Panera since 8 this morning because my car is getting worked on... it is disgusting to be up so early running an annoying errand on a Saturday morning... but the good news is... I am using the time to apply for jobs. Woo.