Sunday, February 3, 2008

Necklace Jungle!

I've been crafty!

My organization system for jewelry has been fine...but not fabulous. I asked for a bronze, branch-looking necklace stand for Christmas, but didn't get it (and the exact one I wanted is no longer on their website), so I decided to try something myself. Plus, it's free.

1. I went into the woodsy area of my backyard and found actual branches that are spooky and sturdy enough to hold necklaces.

2. I trimmed them down to the size I wanted, and got rid of any mini branches that were too flimsy.

3. I picked a vase and filled it with rice, then jammed the branches in.

4. I ever-so-carefully placed my necklaces on their new stand.

See my dresser before:

The open box on the right was filled with teeny tiny ziploc bags, each containing a necklace. They never got tangled, but they were never displayed for me to find easily. You can also see my longest necklaces hanging from the mirror above the dresser.

My dresser after looks about the same. The box has new contents because all of the necklaces went into the branches. My creation sits on a little nightstand in my general dressing area:





I picked a yellow vase that I found at the curb store one day because the table has a yellow/gold motif. Not all of my necklaces made it up there; the long ones are still hanging from the mirror, and some heavy ones are in boxes still, but I'm happy with how it turned out!

Now if I can only figure out a new system for my bracelets besides that drawer liner roll...

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

Ooooooooh cute! Nice job, Neens!

You could always spray paint them if you are sad they aren't metallic... but I like them au natural.

Diana said...

I LOVE the new look. That is awesome. You are so wonderfully creative and imaginative!

Madmom said...

You must have some awesome trees, those are really neat branches. Great idea Pix!