Tuesday, February 26, 2008

And then there were three.

Yesterday was supposed to be a big day for me, because it was the day that my coworker Tiffany and I were going to talk to our boss about something we've been thinking about for a long time.

The facts are these:
x There are four Community Educators.
x There is not enough work for four CEs.
x We do not make enough money (those of us that are unmarried all have a second job).
x One of the CEs got another job within the agency (something a little more fitting for her, I must say).

The proposal:
Now that we're down the three and our workload looks like it won't be boring us to tears, Tiffany and I talked to our boss about the possibility of NOT hiring a fourth educator, and giving our salaries a little nudge with the savings.

The answer:
No.

I could go into details about the Infant Mortality Grant and percentages of our salaries being paid out of it, but the point was to not be bored.


So now there's a job opening in my department. Any takers?

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Man. Tempting. I woooould like to be reunited with the Nees... buuuut I am thinking Boston is still my speed. Plus I'm holding out that one day some sort of miracle will occur and you will move back.

Madmom said...

Ahh Nini, at least you tried. I think your boss could use some management training. Just my opinion. Sorry!