Monday, January 7, 2008

Job? Check.

Good news! Not only are we keeping our grant, but I'm also eligible for a raise (at the start of the next fiscal year), despite the fact that my position is grant-funded! How that works, I'm not really sure, but I honestly don't care. I mean, it wouldn't be huge, but every dollar counts.

Also, Steve's friend Dan may move in with us in March, which would shave $100 off the rent and cut utilities into quarters instead of thirds. I would rather not have four people in this house, but we have an extra bedroom and we're helping a friend out (something I'm always a fan of)-- and getting some perk$ while we're at it. Hallelujah.

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

Congrats! That's awesome. When is the next fiscal year?

Bobbie said...

How do you think they get the gladiator's nipples to stay so hard?


It frightens me.

Diana said...

Of course grant funded positions can get raises. I have worked in grant funded posions for over 7 years and have no worries. It will all be good. :)

Madmom said...

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! Life is not such a compost pile, now, right?