Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Enough Isn't Enough

Today was good...and bad...and will get better, with the airing of Project Runway tonight.

First, the good:
A fellow Community Educator/Outreach Worker and I went on a 15-organization tour of Northern Delaware to promote a program our department pretty much revolves around. The direct marketing was an idea that was brought up far too long ago for it to be going into effect now, but it's happening nonetheless, and I'm happy about it. It looks like we'll get several organizations (two of them churches!) to bite.

Next, the bad:
I've been really, really worried about my financial situation lately, and things are just not looking up. Well, they are a little, since we're getting another roommate that will lower rent and utilities, but honestly: not enough to make much of a difference. My salary, which was "enough" for having an opportunity to do what I've wanted to do since middle school is putting me in the position of living from paycheck to paycheck (plus charging on credit and dipping into savings). In fact, I just finished cooking the books to figure out just how much I have left over each month after taking out the mandatory expenses. I won't tell you the number, but I will say that it's certainly not enough for savings, any surprise mandatory expenses, and a single cent of fun (well, maybe A cent).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
e·nough
Pronunciation[i-nuhf]
–adjective 1. adequate for the want or need; sufficient for the purpose or to satisfy desire: enough water; noise enough to wake the dead.
–pronoun 2. an adequate quantity or number; sufficiency.
–adverb 3. in a quantity or degree that answers a purpose or satisfies a need or desire; sufficiently.
4. fully or quite: ready enough.
–interjection 5. (used to express impatience or exasperation): Enough! I heard you the first time.
—Synonyms 1. ample. 3. adequately, amply, reasonably.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm giving myself a semantic sensation, and probably boring you to death, with all this enough talk. Enough already!

*Sigh* It looks like it's time for that part-time job.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Boooooooo, money. :(

Or the lack of it, rather.

Bobbie said...

Eczema notes:

- I have never had a doctor tell me about tanning (I think they are hesitant to do so b/c of the skin cancer risk)... I read about it online... but the people posting say their dermatologist told them... so I guess maybe that would be the route to go to get an Rx? Not sure...

- Dermarest is a medicated lotion I found in the grocery store lotion aisle that is specifically for eczema (they also make one for psoriasis) that has really worked quite well. I would use this more often if the rash wasn't covering 80% of my body... unfortunately, the bottle is not huge... made a difference overnight.

- Eczema friendly diets include cutting out dairy, eggs, wheat, soy, nuts, caffeine, etc... they say to start for a week and eat nothing but brown rice and veggies and then add other foods in to see which are the irritants but mainly, I'm just trying to cut way back on all of the above and eat way more fruits and vegetables.... which is hard for me because I am lazy.


We are pathetic... but at least we are pathetic together! Poor itchy us!