Friday, November 30, 2007

Quotey McQuoterstein

I was just reading Jamye Waxman's Sex Matters blog (see my favorites), and came across a statement she made that I can TOTALLY relate to:
"See, I’m a really social person but sometimes I have anti-social tendencies. And tonight is/was one of those times. Which kind of sucked, because there I was in a room full of progressive and amazing...performers, writers, weirdos and intellectuals and all I wanted to do was be here, at home. But really I wish I wanted to be out having fun because, well, it would have been fun to want to have fun tonight. So why couldn’t I get my brain wrapped around being out and having fun?"

I hate it when that happens! "It would have been fun to to want to have fun." It's just so hard to force it. About a month ago, Steve, Rob, their/our friend Matt, and I were going to go to an ice cream house-warming party, and right after we bought our supplies (tubs and tubs of ice cream), I asked Steve to drop me off at home because I was completely unable to suck it up and go. I wanted to want to go so badly, but I just didn't.

Anyway, I wanted to post that before I forgot about it. I am very much in the fun-having mood now (and lately), so don't you worry.

No comments: