Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I wish a was a baller

I want to have a famous blog. Like the kind that strangers read when they're looking busy at work. Of course, that would require me to post about things strangers actually know about, and not the ins and outs of my life. I would probably also need a specific topic, and all of you know that I'm a bit of a commitmentphobe (Steve = fluke).

I was a little bummed yesterday because I learned Monday that Steve's getting the boot from The Screamers. After the lead singer/booking agent business and pleasure cocktail went bad, the band got a new booking agent. This guy had nothing but criticism for the ENTIRE band, but the solution was to replace Steve, the rhythm guitarist, with a keyboardist. LAME. I really thought this band was going to be different from the other space-cadets he's worked with before. So now he's on the lookout for a new band.

On a more positive note, though, Steve was offered a job as a guitar instructor for a very fancy music school in Philly. And now that he won't have to worry about practice and gigs for a little bit, he can take on more students. NOT LAME. It really makes you think about those windows of opportunity and other cliched crap like that.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I want a famous blog too!

You could post more about the sex ed stuff... I bet that would lure in the readers...

...and maybe I could post about... well... that would get me fired, wouldn't it? :)

Sad for Steve but yay for Steve!

I will definitely bring the boots. I'm trying to figure out how to rock them... they are a little un-Bobbie... but so sexy. Do you like them over the pants?