Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Judy Duty

Something very big happened today.

After a very long drive home from work (which really wasn't that long in time, but it's been raining all day and drivers get IDIOTIC in the rain), I arrived at my darling abode. The mail had not yet been retrieved, so went ahead and brought it in. After days of not receiving anything (which is good, since it's usually only bills), I found a pretty yellow envelope addressed to me. The return address: Steve's mom.

Inside was a 'happy new home' card and a check for a very generous sum of money. Now, I don't want to say that Judy's buying my love, but I will say that I think that maaaaybe she is expressing her love for me monetarily. And that. is. big.

I have had a very hard time getting this woman to even act like she likes me (who knows if she ever really did?), and I think I may have finally gotten through. This is one for the books.

2 comments:

Madmom said...

Very nice! I knew you could win her over!

Bobbie said...

How could she not love the Neeeeeenameister?