Friday, October 19, 2007

Hobby Go Lucky

Yay for more interesting page layouts! I was hoping for a chic, clean look with the original layout, but was bored, bored, bored. Dots are WAY cooler.

It is the weekend and I am so excited to sleep! I'd be in better shape if it weren't for the fact that I had a professional (and useless) training two hours away from home yesterday. I woke up at 5:30, and then, when I got home, decided to go out and see a band that sounds like Muse until too late for my own good. I overslept a wee bit this morning, but was still at work early and lookin fabulous at that (amazing what a flower in your hair can do to pull an outfit together).

So I'm working on a new project. Since I'm more or less settled into this new life, I've decided that it's time for a hobby. Life can't be just go to work, go home, eat, watch tv, sleep, and when the weekends roll around, be a groupie to your partner's cover band (although that is great fun). So I've been researching dance studios, community colleges, stuff like that to keep me busy, but I've run into the same problem over and over: registration fees. I'm broke. I can't afford to have a hobby. But then I realized that I know six couples planning to tie the knot next year. Five out of six are in my area, and they're all in different stages of planning. Now, if you're reading this, you know that I'm a little wedding-crazy, so I have decided to extend my extra hands of assistance to these brides-to-be. I just started making my offers today, via email and myspace, but I'm very hopeful that these women are going to jump on my offer with sighs of relief.

If it works out, I will have an amazing hobby that could potentially get my foot in the door for that kind of work, or, at the very least, I'll get some experience for when the time comes to plan my own! Muahahahaha. Whatever happens, I'll have something to do on the weekends besides sleep in too late and watch marathons of Married Away and Whose Wedding is it Anyway?, and that's enough for me.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Oh my goodness - if we have learned anything (from Jay's haircutting hobby) it is TAKE SO MANY PICTURES so that we can make a portfolio.

I recently went on a date or two with someone who at 35 quit his 'real job' in order to start a business with his best friend and roommate from college and he couldn't be (busier)/happier. It's over now (my fault, as usual) but the take home message is... you never know!

P.S. I miss you, as always - we should find a different phrase to use...

Also, we need to get the rest of the gang on the blog train - Carolyn and Julie seem particularly suited to blogging.

Bobbie said...

Did I say WE can make a portfolio. I meant you...

...or did I?